Conway Glass is located in the beautiful river town of Conway, South Carolina. We offer a variety of glass products and services plus we design, manufacture, and teach about this amazing material.
Off the beaten path and in the historic Mayfair neighborhood of Conway, South Carolina, we have served the Myrtle Beach - Conway area since 1986. Our location houses a stained glass studio, glass blowing studio and a gallery. Conway Glass is a popular meeting place for local artists, craftsman and visitors.
Each year Conway Glass welcomes thousands of visitors to our renovated 100-year-old historic building. We offer glass blowing classes, corporate parties and team building events. We also offer live narrated glass blowing demonstrations on the First Saturday of every month October through April.
Sharing our passion for glass, owners and resident artists, Ed and Barbara Streeter (that’s us) enjoy creating blown glass vessels, ornaments, vases and mixed media sculpture. We have worked together as a glass blowing team for the past 20 years.
Conway Glass is housed in a 100-year-old brick building in the historic Mayfair neighborhood. Located at 708 12th Ave, the building was once the location for Creel Oil and Gas Company, established c.1903.
“A complex of industrial buildings exists along the former railroad tracks at present day Lakeside Drive. Businesses here included Stilley Plywood (now demolished), H.P. Little’s brick manufacturing plant (now demolished), Aberdeen Manufacturing Company, McIver-Shaw Lumber Company, Horry County Ice Company, and the Creel Oil and Gas Company c.1903 (now Conway Glass).” ~ South Carolina Department of Archives
“Like most communities in the post World War II era, Conway, South Carolina grew in all directions with new neighborhoods developing on its outskirts and new houses replacing many of the old in established areas. The largest new developments, Pineview and Mayfair, were sited on the northeast side of town along McKeithan Street, Fifteenth Court, Fifteenth Avenue, and Fourteenth Avenue and arose around 1950. A string of industrial complexes along the railroad tracks on Lakeside Drive spurred the development of these small, workers’ cottages. The houses are generally one-story, frame construction and Minimal Traditional in style with a projecting front gable and little or no detailing. There are approximately twenty-six homes in these neighborhoods that are over sixty years old. Many others will reach this age in just a few years.” ~ South Carolina Department of Archives